Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Books!

Just received a package containing several new books that I recently ordered. I'm so excited! They are: "If You Had to Choose, What Would You Do?", 10-minute Life Lessons for Kids, What Do You Stand For (for kids), and Philosophy for Kids.

I'm really excited about having them, and yes, I'm realizing that I may have gone overboard, BUT they all look awesome and I'll space out their use with the kids.

The topic of values and ethics is something that just doesn't come up in everyday conversations, so its cool to find cool tools like these great books to help open conversations. I think this summer we'll look at the "What Do You Stand For" book, and I'm going to start the "What Would You Do?" book right away... it has short stories that describe a situation followed by questions about how you would react in you were in their shoes. Anyways, it looks very approachable and fun!

On a side note, I also ordered a book for F and her bio mom called "Just Mom and Me" (an American Girl product), it looks super fun too and I'm hoping that they enjoy the discussion and activity ideas that it includes.


No comments:

Post a Comment