Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Soccer Player and Coach!

I am proud to announce that our boy has decided to play soccer this year. In addition, though I have never played soccer and don't know anything about the game... I have volunteered to be a coach. (Don't everyone sign up to be on my team at once now! lol :) Anyways, A- hasn't played on a team since kindergarten and this is the first time that he has said YES to joining a team sport since then so I'm super excited! It'll be fun to have a good excuse (or something forcing us) to spend some time outside and enjoy spring! I'm going to have us watch some Youtube videos and maybe read up on soccer some AND play around some together before our first practice so us two novices can go in with at least a little background knowledge. (Did I mention that I think I only played on one team EVER in my life) I'm looking forward to this new experience!

In other news, the kids Destination Imagination tournament is coming up in a couple of weeks. Wow! I can hardly believe that all these months have passed and that they really are going to be ready to compete! Its been a long process, but I've really enjoyed being a co-team manager and its been a cool project to get to be in on with them. Now that I've done this, and I'm at the school two days a week, I'm starting to get to know quite a few kids at the school and get to know the faces of my kids friends. It feels good when they all smile and recognize me and want a hug or a high five. And, not to brag, but the librarian told me the other day that some of the DI team members came in and told her that they love having me as one of their coaches. :) Warms the heart. lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment