Saturday, September 24, 2011

Letters from the Heart: Dear A.J.

This will be the first of probably many letters that I will write to you.   First, let me just say that I am so very proud of you! You are almost 11 and I am truly AMAZED at what a cool young man you are becomming.  You are smart ( I love that you are having so much fun in 5th grade), you are funny (your sense of humor is really blossoming), you are kind, and you are responsible. 
We are so happy that you go elected to student council this year!  When you were younger you were so shy about speaking in front of other people and it really tickled me that you got up in front of your whole class and deleviered your speech.  It was so cool to hear you analyze your classmates and think about why they may have voted for you. You are really getting good at paying attention to what works and what doesnt work when speaking out loud and understanding what people like. 
It also warms dad's and my hearts that you are so good with all your sisters.  Someday when you look back on your childhood, I hope you still appreciate those relationships and the experience of being a brother.  You are being pushed to grow and change because you have siblings now, but you are also giving each of them a great gift in your love and affection.  You may not see it now, but you are part of something really special and, just by being you, you are making the world a little better. 
Our lives are busy and we don't always to take the time to say it, but I hope you know that Dad and I love you so very much and we are so happy that you are our son!   




No comments:

Post a Comment