Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Mommy Moments"

So this past Saturday the kids competed in the Destination Imagination regional tournament. I was one of their team coaches and I was REALLY proud of them. It was so fun seeing them showing off all their hard work. The challenge that they completed was really tough and it was so awesome that they pulled it all together. I love seeing the serious looks on their faces, the effort and concentration, the joy, the pride, - one of the joys of parenthood is experiencing the world through the eyes of your children. Frequently, when I watch them doing something new or really rising above the every day, I get tears in my eyes - my friends and I often refer to these special times as a "mommy moment" - but I know daddies have these experiences too!

No comments:

Post a Comment