Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Fun

Alpine Slide (I was trying to get the tiny marmot to show up, but it is barly visable. They hide/live under the slide in some spots and are pretty cute!)
Gyro-sphere

Fast and Fun!


Hello down there!



Blue ribbon winner! "Mesa Verde"




One of my favorite ways to spend time is out and about with my family. This last week we were at C-'s "user conference" for work and we got to spend a couple of nights up at DMR. On one of the days A- and I got a half day pass and did a couple of the "adventerous" activities. I talked him into trying the "Gyrosphere" which feels like you are being tossed around in a washing machine. He wasn't a big fan, but we still had fun trying! We also went on the Alpine Slide several times - that's his favorite. Together we enjoyed the scenic chair lift ride (again once you get over the heights issue, its really a beautiful view). I also did the bungee tramp which I have done a few times before - I still get a thrill every time, it is SUPER fun :)
During this week we also got to enjoy some activities at the County Fair. Our little 4-H'er did a great job on his projects and entered one open class art painting. He got a blue ribbon on his robotics project, a red ribbon on his archery, and a blue on his painting. We were very proud parents! We met up with friends at the fair for a little while and got to watch the poultry and rabbit "dress up" contests... pretty funny :) In addition we ate lunch with my parents and volunteered at the 4-H BBQ and while C- and I were helping in the kitchen, A- was being very grown up and independent. He was helping serve drinks and seemed to love every minute of it. He wasn't ready to quit when his shift was over! Of course, we also had to go to the carnival. A- is getting braver every year. This year he was giving me a hard time for acting tense on the Ferris Wheel, when in the past he wouldn't even go! Anyway, lots of fun was had and I'm looking forward to doing it all again next year.















No comments:

Post a Comment